Spotlight on Africa
The Spotlight on Africa Uganda Foundation is an International Non Governmental agency that coordinates official development assistance for Harpenden Spotlight on Africa UK - her sister organisation. It is registered with the government of Uganda to bring meaningful life to her communities and grow them to maturity in Mbale, Bukedea and Budaka districts.
Our vision, mission and actions
The vision of SoA-UF is to provide financial and practical help to communities, organizations and individuals in Uganda that will enable them to positively sustain their development initiatives.
To act as a platform on which community members and other organisations can collectively achieve a common goal through information exchange, networking and partnership development in order to deliver high quality positive impacting projects.
1. Commitment: Commit ourselves with humility and passion to achieving our mission and vision.
2. Strategy: Think and act strategically with broad and long-term perspectives; inform, educate, encourage and train.
3. Innovation: Innovate to bring about extraordinary impacts.
4. Co-creation: Bring together diverse understanding, insights and resources.
5. Team Spirit: Soar into the field, think collectively and work together.
6. Belief: Helping people realize their development issues and addressing them in a participatory manner.
7. Recognising: the challenges at hand and the individual members’ challenges
8. Values: Every Ugandan has the God given right to live a life of love, freedom, abundance, and maximum potential.
- Empowering Vulnerable Populations in the communities
- Encouraging Social Entrepreneurship
- Developing small scale businesses/crafts and village saving schemes
- Developing community Health Preventive and Curative medicine and referral systems
- Fostering non traditional partnerships
- Expanding Harpenden’s support to the communities in Eastern Uganda
- Developing Small scale water Solutions
- Promoting Culture and the Arts
- Improving Disaster Preparedness, through disease surveillance
- Decreasing girl child trafficking and sexual exploitation in the communities
- Harpenden Spotlight on Africa UK. (sister organization)
- Mbale Regional Referral Hospital- Research Unit.
- Ministry of Education and Sports through Mbale District Education Office.
- Ministry Of Health through Mbale District Health Office.
- Ministry Gender Labour and Social Development through Mbale District Community Development Office.
- Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries through Bukedea Fisheries Office.
- Ministry of Water and Environment through Mbale District Water office.
- Mbale District Local Government.
- Bukasakya Sub-County Local Government.
- Eastern Private Sector Development Centre.
- Mbale Elders Fellowship.
- Rotary Club of Mbale.
- Uganda Health Marketing Group.
- JENGA CDO
- Malaria Consortium
- Green Pastures Academy
- Nashisha Primary School